01722 410664


Works Affecting a Neighbour's Boundary

Tuesday, 25 June 2019 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

When planning works affecting a neighbour's boundary it is important to note that there are certain legal rights and obligations set out in the Party Wall Act 1996.

What is the Small Claims Court?

Tuesday, 25 June 2019 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

The Small Claims Court is not a separate court at all but merely a simplified procedure used in the County Court to resolve claims of up to £10,000.

National Minimum Wage Entitlement

Monday, 13 May 2019 | posted in Employment

I think I am entitled to the National Minimum Wage, but am not sure I am being paid it. What should I do?

How to request flexible working hours

Monday, 13 May 2019 | posted in Employment

I want to make a flexible working request to change my working hours.  How do I do this? 

How should a disciplinary process be handled?

Tuesday, 22 January 2019 | posted in Employment

If an employer suspects that an employee has committed an act of misconduct, the following process should be followed:

Why should I leave a gift to a charity in my Will?

Tuesday, 22 January 2019 | posted in Wills & Probate

Leaving a gift to a charity in your Will can make a huge difference to the causes that you care about. Better still, valuable inheritance tax reliefs apply to gifts left to charity, as the amount left to the charity is exempt for inheritance tax purposes.

What is a collaborative divorce?

Tuesday, 13 November 2018 | posted in Family

A collaborative divorce is when a divorce is dealt with by holding round-table meetings attended by the couple involved and their lawyers.

What to do if you cannot agree arrangements for your children's care

Wednesday, 06 June 2018 | posted in Family

In general terms the Cout will not make Orders unless it is in the child's best interests to do so.  If you are not able to agree .... 

Are you a landlord seeking to obtain possession of your property?

Wednesday, 09 May 2018 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

Most tenancies are granted on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. Landlords may wish to evict a tenant to simply regain possession of their property.

How to move forward when a relationship has ended and you own a property together.

Thursday, 12 April 2018 | posted in Family

Couples who have not married are in a very different situation to those who have.

[12  >>