Farmers and owners of other rural businesses face challenging times. Sampson Coward with Whitehead Vizard have specialist knowledge in agricultural and farming law, and can provide strategic approaches to the smooth, financially sound transition of farming businesses from one generation to the next. This is a fast-changing area, and our up-to-date understanding of all key developments is crucial to the individuals and businesses that depend on us.
We represent farmers and other landowners, including landed estates that increasingly require legal input on how to diversify their traditional commercial interests in a profitable and tax-efficient manner. We also provide creative guidance on how best to change the use of existing outbuildings and other structures to increase income. Our specialist solicitors are members of the Agricultural Law Association, which is aimed at developing a wider understanding of agriculture, the environment, food and other issues. Our involvement brings us into close contact with other professionals working in this field including farm consultants, surveyors and bankers, and greatly extends the scope of the advice we provide.
We are here to assist you and your business; we are approachable and work hard to make our advice as straightforward and clear as possible.
Areas of expertise include:
- land sales and purchases
- secured lending
- easements and boundary advice, including dispute resolution
- agricultural tenancies and grazing agreements
- farm building diversification, planning and development
- letting of commercial units
- succession, wills and estate planning
- letting farm cottages and possession actions
- sale and purchase of equestrian properties
- farming partnerships
- fishing and shooting rights
- mortgages of agricultural property
- pipelines, power lines, rights of way, footpaths and other easements
- options and agreements
- voluntary registration of land at HM Land Registry
- use of existing outbuildings and other structures to increase income.