Conveyancing Pricing Information
We offer a bespoke conveyancing service for each and every client, as no property is exactly the same. Our fee’s reflect this approach as dealing with an unregistered listed property adds more complexities than a newly built freehold house. We provide reliable estimates based on your details which you can provide either online or via the phone to our staff.
If you instruct this firm your conveyancing will be dealt with by either Vicky Langdown, Sarah Coles or Dawn Ashfield who between them have over 50 years experience. For details on each member of the team see our profiles on our conveyancing page.
If your transaction is not a standard sale, purchase or remortgage we would be delighted to discuss this and provide a bespoke and tailored quotation, if you require this, please contact us.
Our fees cover all of the work* required to complete the purchase or sale of your new home, including dealing the Land Registry and the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT Stamp Duty.
There are certain disbursements which are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as search fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Finally, if we are unable to meet with you or any party providing funds in person to undertake verification of identity checks we will need to do this on line and a fee of £5.95 per person is payable.
How long will my purchase take?
It is difficult to give you an exact timeframe for your purchase as each transaction is different and it is only possible to go as fast as the slowest person in the chain. Indicative timescales are published by the government at https://www.gov.uk/buy-sell-your-home which explain the process and average times.
The precise stages involved in the conveyance of a property vary according to the circumstances. However, below we have suggested some key milestones you would expect:
- Taking your instructions and providing initial advice
- Investigating the title to the property
- Carrying out necessary searches
- Raising enquiries and reviewing the replies given by the seller
- Negotiating the purchase contract
- Preparing a report on title for you in respect of all the above and sending you the documentation for signature
- Agreeing a completion date
- Exchanging contracts
- Completing your purchase to include transferring funds to the seller’s solicitor
- Registering your property and mortgage (if applicable) at Land Registry
*Our fee assumes that this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example but not limited to:-
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- this is a transaction of an entire registered title