01722 410664

Litigation & Disputes

My partner and I have recently ended our relationship, we were never married and own a house together, what rights do I have?

Tuesday, 28 April 2020 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

Couples who have not married are in a very different situation to those who have.

Festive purchases and your consumer rights

Thursday, 24 October 2019 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

It is worth noting the time-limits relating to faulty or sub-standard goods particularly as many gifts are not tested until the ‘big’ day ....

Works Affecting a Neighbour's Boundary

Tuesday, 25 June 2019 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

When planning works affecting a neighbour's boundary it is important to note that there are certain legal rights and obligations set out in the Party Wall Act 1996.

What is the Small Claims Court?

Tuesday, 25 June 2019 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

The Small Claims Court is not a separate court at all but merely a simplified procedure used in the County Court to resolve claims of up to £10,000.

What is the new Tenant Fees Act 2019?

Wednesday, 20 February 2019 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

The Act provides protection to residential tenants and licensees regarding certain fees charged by landlords and letting agents and will come into force for new and renewal tenancies and licences on 1 June 2019 and for ....

Are you a landlord seeking to obtain possession of your property?

Wednesday, 09 May 2018 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

Most tenancies are granted on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. Landlords may wish to evict a tenant to simply regain possession of their property.

When should a creditor consider bankruptcy?

Friday, 17 November 2017 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

In appropriate cases the threat of bankruptcy (by serving a statutory demand) can be a swift and forceful method of debt collection. While bankruptcy may have lost much of its historic stigma...

What can I do about my noisy neighbour?

Wednesday, 01 March 2017 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

If your neighbour is making a noise which is causing a nuisance, you can report the matter to your local authority. They will investigate and they may serve an Abatement Notice...

Can I be charged a fixed amount for overstaying my parking on private land?

Thursday, 27 November 2014 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

The law recently changed following a Supreme Court decision arising out of an £85 parking fine in Chelmsford. Parking notices and commercial contracts often specify a sum that should be paid if the contract is breached.