01722 410664


Why should I leave a gift to a charity in my Will?

Tuesday, 22 January 2019 | posted in Wills & Probate

Leaving a gift to a charity in your Will can make a huge difference to the causes that you care about. Better still, valuable inheritance tax reliefs apply to gifts left to charity, as the amount left to the charity is exempt for inheritance tax purposes.

How should a disciplinary process be handled?

Tuesday, 22 January 2019 | posted in Employment

If an employer suspects that an employee has committed an act of misconduct, the following process should be followed:

What is a collaborative divorce?

Tuesday, 13 November 2018 | posted in Family

A collaborative divorce is when a divorce is dealt with by holding round-table meetings attended by the couple involved and their lawyers.

What to do if you cannot agree arrangements for your children's care

Wednesday, 06 June 2018 | posted in Family

In general terms the Cout will not make Orders unless it is in the child's best interests to do so.  If you are not able to agree .... 

Are you a landlord seeking to obtain possession of your property?

Wednesday, 09 May 2018 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

Most tenancies are granted on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. Landlords may wish to evict a tenant to simply regain possession of their property.

How to move forward when a relationship has ended and you own a property together.

Thursday, 12 April 2018 | posted in Family

Couples who have not married are in a very different situation to those who have.

Refunds on Power of Attorney registration fees

Friday, 16 February 2018 | posted in Wills & Probate

From 1 February 2018, the Ministry of Justice have announced that it is possible to claim a refund for the Lasting Power of Attorney registration fee.

How do I start divorce proceedings?

Wednesday, 07 February 2018 | posted in Family

To begin divorce proceedings you need to have been married for at least a year. Either one of the parties can file a Divorce Petition with the court stating the marriage has 'irretrievably broken down'.

Can an employer withhold all or part of an employee's final wage if they terminate their contract without notice?

Monday, 11 December 2017 | posted in Employment

Employees who fail to give notice or give less notice than they are contractually obliged to do will be acting in breach of contract and potentially could be sued for damages...

My landlord wants to sell their freehold interest in my flat, what does this mean?

Thursday, 17 August 2017 | posted in Property

A landlord is prohibited from disposing of their freehold interest in a block of flats without first serving notices on the flat owners offering to sell it to them collectively.

<<  1 2 [34  >>