Professional Qualifications and Background
Dee is a solicitor and a member of the Employment Lawyers Association, with over 18 years’ experience specialising solely in employment law. Dee studied Classics at Royal Holloway University, before completing her legal qualifications at the College of Law in Guildford.
Dee trained in London at a niche employment firm before moving to the South Coast where she worked for two large firms, in Southampton and the Bournemouth/Christchurch area.
The client care I received from Dee from start to finish was outstanding.
Dee advises both employees and employers on all aspects of employment law, including sex, age, race, disability discrimination, settlement agreements, handling disciplinary and grievance procedures, long term sick, absence, flexible working requests, maternity leave, redundancy, TUPE as well as unfair dismissal and breach of contract.
Dee also represents clients at employment hearings, as well as conducts employment/HR training.
Dee’s aim is to deliver clear, sympathetic, practical, cost effective advice through identifying the options available to you and the path towards achieving the best outcome in your circumstances. This is achieved either through helping to enable clients to deal with matters themselves or by directly negotiating and dealing with matters on their behalf.
Examples of matters dealt with:
- Negotiated the settlement of an age discrimination claim for an employee;
- Advised an employee on addressing and preparing for a disciplinary hearing that could have resulted in their dismissal for gross misconduct;
- Defended an employer against a national minimum wage claim and unfair dismissal claim;
- Defended an employer against an equal pay, sex discrimination and unfair dismissal claim;
- Advised an employer on how to respond to a flexible working request.