Professional Qualifications and Background
Neil is a solicitor in the Litigation and Disputes Department. He entered the legal profession in 1994 following completion of his law degree at the University of the West of England and qualified as a solicitor in 1999.
Having previously worked predominantly for firms in the Home Counties, Neil joined Sampson Coward with Whitehead Vizard in January 2019.
I cannot thank you enough for taking care of this matter. We are both grateful for all your help.
Neil has considerable experience in dealing with a full range of disputes for companies and private individuals covering a vast variety of legal areas. These include, but are not limited to, disputes relating to property, wills and probate, contracts, goods and services and debts. He also deals with residential and commercial lease extension applications and acts frequently for residential landlords in possession proceedings.
His work covers the County Courts, High Court and on occasion the Property Tribunal. He has also acted for insurers in the Coroners Court in an advisory capacity. As court it not always the best option, Neil also possesses extensive experience of alternative means of dispute resolution such as negotiation and mediation.
Some recent cases include:
- Recovering over half of the net proceeds of the sale of a £1m property for a client holding no legal title in the property.
- Successfully protecting the financial interests of a minor in relation to a third party’s claim against his late father’s estate.
- Forcing the administration and distribution of an estate on behalf of several beneficiaries where the executor had failed to properly act and had delayed probate for 9 years previously.
- Securing vacant possession of numerous properties let on Assured Shorthold Tenancies on behalf of landlords.
- Securing a 10-year lease extension for a tenant of a commercial property after the landlord had served notice to terminate the lease.