01722 410664


Can an employer withhold all or part of an employee's final wage if they terminate their contract without notice?

Monday, 11 December 2017 | posted in Employment

Employees who fail to give notice or give less notice than they are contractually obliged to do will be acting in breach of contract and potentially could be sued for damages...

When should a creditor consider bankruptcy?

Friday, 17 November 2017 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

In appropriate cases the threat of bankruptcy (by serving a statutory demand) can be a swift and forceful method of debt collection. While bankruptcy may have lost much of its historic stigma...

How do I start divorce proceedings?

Monday, 16 October 2017 | posted in Family

To begin divorce proceedings you need to have been married for more than one year. You must then file a Divorce Petition at Court stating the marriage has 'irretrievably broken down'.

My landlord wants to sell their freehold interest in my flat, what does this mean?

Thursday, 17 August 2017 | posted in Property

A landlord is prohibited from disposing of their freehold interest in a block of flats without first serving notices on the flat owners offering to sell it to them collectively.

Discrimination in Employment: who is protected and who is liable?

Wednesday, 16 August 2017 | posted in Employment

Employees and contract workers are primarily protected against unlawful discrimination.  With regard to employment, both employees and job applicants are protected...

Domestic Violence - How to Get Help

Wednesday, 14 June 2017 | posted in Family

If you have experienced physical/sexual violence, threats (including threats by text, email or social media), emotional abuse, harassment or controlling behaviour from somebody...

What is the residence nil rate band?

Tuesday, 23 May 2017 | posted in Wills & Probate

From 6 April 2017, a new residence nil rate band ('RNRB') has been introduced allowing individuals, in certain circumstances, to apply an additional nil rate band...

Can employers ban headscarves?

Tuesday, 04 April 2017 | posted in Employment

The European Court of Justice has recently given judgment that a Belgian company's dress code banning employees from wearing any visible religious, political or philosophical symbols...

What can I do about my noisy neighbour?

Wednesday, 01 March 2017 | posted in Litigation & Disputes

If your neighbour is making a noise which is causing a nuisance, you can report the matter to your local authority. They will investigate and they may serve an Abatement Notice...

Will inheritance tax affect my will?

Thursday, 16 February 2017 | posted in Wills & Probate

Inheritance tax (IHT) is an extremely unpopular tax which no longer only affects the very wealthy. The rise in value of property makes anyone who owns a home a prime target for the taxman on death.

[12  >>  
Form by ChronoForms - ChronoEngine.com