"Thank you David for your excellent support and professional service throughout, including your attention to my case during your family holiday."
David Coward - Employment Law
Head of Employment Law
dd: 01722 820935
m: 07588 080018
Professional Qualifications and Background
He has over 25 years’ experience as a solicitor - advising exclusively in this area of law. He has acted for many employers and employees in employment tribunal cases, appearing both in the Employment Appeal Tribunal and regional employment tribunals.
David is a member of ELA (the Employment Lawyers Association) and is also an Assistant Coroner for Wiltshire and Swindon.
His work includes:
- Acting for employers and employees in employment tribunal claims, e.g. unfair dismissal and discrimination
- Advising upon and negotiating settlement agreements (compromise agreements) for employers and employees
- Drafting contracts of employment for both junior and senior employees, including drafting service agreements for directors
- Providing staff handbooks setting out businesses policies and procedures
- Advising upon restrictive covenants and their enforceability
- Advising upon TUPE transfers
Recent cases include:
- Pursuing a high value ‘whistle blowing’ claim
- Advising an employer upon the terms of restrictive covenants to be included in contracts of employment
- Acting for an employee to pursue claims in the employment tribunal for both unfair dismissal and disability discrimination