Request a free call back:

Thank you, we'll contact you shortly.

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Can I move my case to a local solicitor?

A person who injured their back at work 12 months ago, and is still unable to return, asks if they can move their case from a firm based near London to a local solicitor.

It is likely that the case is being funded under a Conditional Fee Agreement (commonly known as a "No win, no fee" agreement.)  Sampson Coward often take on cases which have been conducted by other solicitors.  However they will need to have a personal injury lawyer look at the Conditional Fee Agreement and how the case is being run.  The solicitor can then advise, in his or her opinion, as to whether the case is being run correctly and make an informed decision upon whether or not to transfer the case.